Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A visit to the orthodontist shocks girl 14

Ok, i went to NDC ( national dental centre) to day for my 1st appt for braces.. cause my teeth is really crooked and err.. my parents want me to undergo orthodontic treatment.. so, it was quite relax at first, since 1st appt only do checkups and x rays..the x rays were quite cool have to do 3 x rays.. imagine, the radiation killed dont know how many cells of mine.. anw, the reason for it was to check why i still had this baby tooth.. so.. the first X ray, they inserted this film-like thingy into my mouth.. 2nd one, they had to put this structure on my head which includes two rods that they put into my ear and the other one on my forehead.. 3rd one, had to bite on this structure.. ya..

then the results were out and realise that my permanent teethfor tt particular tooth was stuck inside my gum and chances for it to grow out is very slim since the root is already established.. and err.. in order to fit braces in, they have to extract 2 pre-molars fromn the top and bottom.. besides that, because of the silly permanent tooth tt is stuck in it.. i have 2 choices to make..

No.1) to undergo and operation to remove both the baby and permanent tooth so that they just have to fit braces in to close the gap up..and to pull all the pre-molars out during the process

No.2)to undergo an operation to somehow fix the something there to guide the permanent tooth that is stuck there, out. and also to pull the pre-molars out..

whatever it is, i have to go under anastasia ( the slping medicine thingy that doctors use to let patient breathe to fall aslp..yadda yadaa) and do the operation.. ok.. so, this is it.. the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea..that's it man... wha.. i was like huh? when i heard that.. operation, cut my gums.. remove the teeth and all.. wow.. can imagine the bloody scene.. hahas..

so upsetting right? and today my dad spent 83 bucks on my checkup.. whoa.. and then, he's going to spend a bomb on my teeth alone.. sighs.. what to do? chosen to undergo this route already mah... sighs..anw, my nxt appt to see the surgeon to talk abt the risks are like on the 18th of feb? tts like quite long way more.. but, oh well, have nvr undergone any operation that puts me to slp.. hahas..

what if i wake up during the op cause they pulled my nerve or something.. lol..! then i will probably faint back to sleep.. wondering what my mum will say tonight..she'll probably be shock too.. my dad was shock.. at the same time, can see that ''heart-ache for his darling daughter'' look on his face.. thk he's like worried too.. but he chose to be strong or smthg.. hahas.. my mum will probably be praying for me when i go for the op.. ya, have parents who are so nice and are willing to spend so muh for me.. well, actually, they are not so bad after all la hor? hehe..

aiyo.. hurry pple, console and pray for me yea? like my dad, i agree that i am kind of in for big trouble..

sighs..but well, it's not yet the end of the world since it's considered as a minor op.. but still....


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home