Friday, June 01, 2007

humility

hmm, some stuff have led me to thk abt the true meaning of humility. i believe i have kind of found my revelation, my answer to smth that i have been praying for the past few weeks. but i guess i will continue to pray for confirmation. to me, it is smth very impt and serious. but yes, i am glad there were many signs along the way which truly amazed me, stunned me in a way. thk i said this before. god can be real breath-taking sometimes. he just works in ways that although we might not be able to see immediately but when it takes effect, you just pause to go, wow. and so i did.

the ride on mrt with dijie yesterday strucked me when he questioned me abt my confidence. although i only knew him for hmm, half a yr now, he asked me, what happened to my confidence.. janice questioned this the other day when i was talking to her on the phone as well. i guess this spoke to me somehow and i heard a resounding wake up call in my head from god that because i believed in him, i shld have full confidence in him to carry me through. and of course, this made me really thk and i look back and realise that ya.. what happened to my confidence, my confidence in him. hmm, i guess i have been struggling with humility all this while. had this problem a few yrs back too. came back again. and so, i went to do some reading on humility and yes, true humility is when you do not over pride yourself or BELITTLE yourself in anyway, but yes, it came back to me smth that enai said a few yrs back, to HAVE A CORRECT PERCEPTION OF WHO YOU ARE. and in a way when i was doing qt this morning, i came upon this verse.

romans 12:3 for by the grace god given me i say to each one of you, do not thk of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather, think of yourself with SOBER JUDGEMENT, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MEASURE OF FAITH GOD HAS GIVEN YOU.

so i guess i have learnt a lot from this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home