Tuesday, June 12, 2007

what does it mean to face your fears?

hmm, what does it mean to face your fears?
this question suddenly came to mind as i visualised myself standing on the shores of the bahamas.
and as i stood facing the deep blue ocean, i saw a huge wave swarming towards me.
it was more than a wave, it was a towering tsunami.
and i had a choice.
am i going to run for my life? or am i going to face my fear, knowing that i will probably die and drown in it?
am i going to be practical and save myself from the jaws of death? or am i going to take that step of faith?
blessed are those who believe but have not seen, amen?

church camp was really good for me. i mean, first time being the youngest in a group, there's a lot to learn from older people who have gone through much more than you. very encouraged by my groupmates! and yes, i really felt god's presence at camp.

and so it seems.
the decision was clear.
and i took a deep breath as i heard the roaring of the sea..
growing clearer and louder every minute.

zzz.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home